Signs and symptomsPeople with avoidant personality disorder are preoccupied with their own shortcomings and form relationships with others only if they believe they will not be rejected. Loss and rejection are so painful that these individuals will choose to be lonely rather than risk trying to connect with others.
- Self-imposed social isolation
- Extreme shyness or anxiety in social situations, though the person feels a strong desire for close relationships
- Avoids physical contact because it has been associated with an unpleasant or painful stimulus
- Feelings of inadequacy
- Severe low self-esteem
- Mistrust of others
- Emotional distancing related to intimacy
- Highly self-conscious
- Self-critical about their problems relating to others
- Problems in occupational functioning
- Lonely self-perception, although others may find the relationship with them meaningful
- Feeling inferior to others
- In some more extreme cases — agoraphobia
AND THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEANT. that's why we should never put our trust on wiki.
here, let me share what its like to be a socially inept people.
- we are not hypersensitive of afraid of rejection. we already reject people at the first glance. its not like we make that much of glances in any given day to begin with.
- we are not extremely shy. we just dont see any point for us to start the interaction with strangers.
- we avoid physical contacts just because we have an exclusive personal space. we dont let just anyone in.
- if anything, we are more towards a narcissist.
- emotionally distant? what? do other people fall in love every other week or so?
- for the self concious being high, does that reflects in our below average dressing and appearance. nahh we dont care much about that unless we are supposed to.
- occupational functioning is one thing you can count on people like us. we will go the deepest depth having things done. although out method of accomplishment might not be in other people's favour.
- we dont feel pain. in fact we enjoy being all by ourselves.
- but of course, we do have circles of friends that we are comfortable with.
- we are easily mingle with people we share the same interest with. we have a number of SIGs to prove that.
okay. perhaps the term socially inept is a bit too much. but i realize im having a kind of social disorder. but im quite fine with it. i'll be fine with people as long as it doenst invlove anything emotional. because i cant read that.
here's another good thing, i dont mind eat out alone. i could read or do anything all by myself. but i dont quite like it some people find me approachable and start making small talks. like i said earlier, i dont see any point of doing that. if its logged, i wont find it useful and worth reread. really, i dont even smile to strangers!
yeah. now you dont have to wonder why fast food is a prescribed remedy to engineers.